Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun

I can't believe the weekend has passed us by and it's already TUESDAY. Holy Crap. This weekend was quite blastastic. On Saturday some of us girls tailgated and then went to a St. Paul Saints game to celebrate our beloved friend Micki's 25th birthday. MAN we are getting old! As I told Micki, while gifting her with a bottle of Jose Cuervo Strawberry Margaritas and a bag of corn nuts, "The age of 25 reminds me of Full House, when Uncle Jessie turned 25, and Aunt Becky reminded him that he was halfway to 50." Ick, ick on a stick. By Sunday morning, it was time to finally visit the Uptown Art Fair (which, we discovered, is the 2nd largest gathering in Minnesota outside of the State Fair). We started the morning over brunch at Spring Street in Northeast Minneapolis. It was my first time there, and I was very pleased to find awesome breakfast food and easily the BEST BLOODY MARY I have had in my entire life. And that is no lie. The art fair was fun, but hot, and everything was far above our budget. So we wanted out of there fairly quickly. Today, 4 of my bridesmaids and I went BM dress shopping for the 2nd time. The first time, we went to The Wedding Shoppe in Saint Paul. We were horrified with the customer service, but ended up finding a dress that everyone really liked. After Six 6553:

Not satisfied with only one shopping trip, tonight we headed to Pricilla of Boston in the 50th & France area of Edina. As you can imagine, the shop was gorgeous and the customer service was night & day from The Wedding Shoppe. But unfortunately, none of the dresses that were in our buget really "wowed" everyone. It's hard to find something when there are so many different opinions, tastes and body types. So, back to square one! I have a feeling we'll ultimately choose the dress above - don't you always go back to the one that first caught your eye?

I will leave you this evening with a quote from Family Guy that just made Jared giggle like a school girl on the couch...

Stewy to Brian: "Something positive: You look like Snoopy and it makes me smile. Something negative: You have smelly dog farts."

Doesn't take much, does it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment