Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recipe Thursday

I thought I would share a few good recipes that I've recently come across: Ashley's Awesome Teriyaki So I made up this recipe last night. I decided to make broccoli, brown rice, and fish with an asian glaze. I didn't have a recipe for an "asian glaze", so I used my knowledge for making sauces along with the "asiany" ingredients I had in my cupboard and came up with what both Jared & I consider to be the best teriyaki sauce we've ever had. Heat approx. 2TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add approx. 1 tsp chopped garlic and 1TBS ground ginger and saute until fragrant (about 30 secs). Add 2TBS soy sauce, 2tsp fish sauce, and 2TBS brown sugar. Simmer over low heat, stirring often, for approx. 5 minutes. Enjoy! Summer Sangria This next recipe I got compliments of my awesome co-worker Niki. We share a passion for good food and good wine! ½ cup Brandy ¼ cup lemon juice 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate 1/3 cup orange juice 1 bottle red wine ½ cup triple sec 1 lemon (sliced in rounds) 1 lime (sliced in rounds) 1 orange (sliced in rounds) 1 Fuji Apple (sliced thin) 1 Peach (sliced thin) ¼ cup sugar (optional) Mix all the ingredients above and let sit overnight Top with soda water (or ginger ale if you want it sweeter) If you want to make it white sangria just use white wine. I would also switch the ½ cup brandy and ½ cup triple sec for 1/3 cup brandy 1/3 cup peach schnapps 1/3 cup triple sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment