Saturday, August 22, 2009

Foodie Friday

If you haven't noticed, Jared & I have a little tradition. Every Friday we treat ourselves to a new restaurant in the Twin Cities. It is usually my favorite night of the week, because it is the one evening we can splurge on ourselves "guilt-free" and dedicate our entire love, time and attention on each other. Tonight we tried out Barrio in Saint Paul. It is famous for being a tequila bar (there is one in both Minneapolis & St. Paul), and we have been wanting to see what the hype is all about for awhile now. We were immediately impressed by the atmosphere. It is decorated beautifully, with beautiful lighting, beautiful music, beautiful people, etc. They even had TVs on in the bar, where we got to watch Favre dressed in purple! We each ordered one of their signature margaritas, which was honestly the only $9 margarita we've ever ordered that WE BOTH felt gave us our "booze worth" for the money. We then continued to order an array of their "small plates", probably too many, but my oh my was it fun!! Things we loved: Chorizo enchilada, guacamole, tequila shrimp, chicken tostadas, steak tacos Things we thought were "ok": crab empanadas (too bready) So as you can see, we loved more than we didn't love. A+!! Question of the day: Are you happy? I am. I really, really am :) I am so blessed to have so many great people in my life. I love you all: my fiance, sisters, family, friends, in-laws (almost), co-workers; thank you for being the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment