Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Salt Lake City

I am in Salt Lake City on a business trip. I am in my hotel room with sandals on, because you never know what is in the carpet. I can describe most of what makes up this town with three "M"s: Mountains. Mexican restaurants. Motels. One motel even advertised their "Honeymoon Suite". Oh yeah, and I walked past a bridal boutique called "Later Day Brides". Don't see that every day. There seems to be a large Mexican population here. At first I wondered why Mexicans would migrate "so far north", but then I looked on a map and realized Utah is just east of Nevada. Duh. The temple is beautiful, but other than that Salt Lake looks like an "Old West" town in the middle of a beautiful mountain basin. There are a handful of modern buildings and nice restaurants, but other than that everything is pretty old & run down. But like I said, the scenery is to die for. Just gorgeous. Meh, check it off the list. At least it's warm here. Back to the tundra tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment