Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sigh of relief...

Whew, that feels good. Today my team at work had a two hour meeting with our Vice President to "showcase" everything that is going on in our group. I had to present two portions of the meeting, and man was I... Anxious. Nervous. Scared. Terrified. Dreading. Hopeful. Fearful. ...etc. etc. etc... For some reason, I was convinced that I would get up there and completely forget everything I had to say. There was a split second that my brain even went to the..."what if I forget to wear pants..." fear. But then I realized hey, I'm not that unprofessional, am I? I was especially nervous because last night as I was practicing my "schpeal" in front of Jared, I kept screwing up my intro. When I was finished Jared just sat there with a blank look on his face and said, "Uh Oh". But HA! I pulled it off, without falling, or fainting, or studdering, or saying anything stupid. In fact, my senior manager told me I did a great job. Once again, Whew. And even better, it's almost the weekend. Zang.

No comments:

Post a Comment