Monday, September 14, 2009

Calm Before the Storm

Tomorrow marks the first day of a two-day meeting that my co-worker and I have planned from start to finish, and now we must execute. I'll spare you the boring details, but what I will tell you is that I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the next couple of days. The details are planned, and now as I wait for tomorrow to come I am sipping a glass of red wine and blogging to get my mind off things. I'd like to tell you about my weekend. It was quite phenomenal. On Friday night Jared & I met our friends Kristen & Brian at the new Rick Bronson's House of Comedy at the Mall of America to see Greg Giraldo. We are both huge fans of his comedy and became extremely familiar with him in his many appearances on Comedy Central "Roasts". He was hilarious to see live, but the comedy club was a bit of a disappointment. The large room somewhat resembled an abandoned large retail store, and the tables were set up awkwardly so half of the audience had to turn their chairs to see him. The service also sucked. But, it was a great time regardless and we were really happy to have seen him. After the show, we stopped in at the new bar/restaurant right across the hall (on the 4th floor of the MOA) called Cantina #1. It is a Corona-inspired cantina with a room design that does as good as it can to make you feel like you're on the beach, inside a mall in Minnesota. Us girls took advantage of the fact that our male friends were driving home, ordered a couple of sangrias, and had a blast on the dance floor! We ran into a 50 year-old Mexican man who was there celebrating his 50th birthday with his family. He didn't speak a lick of English, so Kristen & I used it as a chance to refresh our Spanish skills (we studied abroad together in Costa Rica) and our salsa skills!!

Am I really doing the twist??

After this next picture was taken, all the man kept saying to us was, "Thank you, thank you so much for one of the best nights!" LOL

On Saturday, Jared & I spent the day bumming around & running errands, then had an AWESOME dinner. OK...I'm am about to give you a restaurant reccomendation that surpasses all others that I have given you in the past...but are you ready for this information? Are you able to eat delicious food, without thinking twice about how many calories you are consuming? Ok, here goes... Town Talk Diner Go there, and go there now. This place is located on E. Lake Street & Hiawatha in Minneapolis, and has been featured on the popular Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." This cute little place has AMAZING food, a cool menu and fun drinks. They serve "Adult Malts" (malts infused with adult beverages), beer cans in koozies and they even sell 40s! Jared ordered the "Brat Burger" with garlic fries, which was featured on the show. With God as my witness, this is the only time that I have ever witnessed Jared verbally lose his mind over food, yelling "Oh my God!!" after each bite. It is that good. To drink, he ordered a 40oz of Schlitz, which was very appropriately served on ice with a champagne glass. I had the "Kitchen Sink Burger", which is basically a bacon cheesebuger with their special "Kitchen Sink" sauce. That was the best burger I have ever had.... In. My. Entire. Life. To drink, I had a can of Grain Belt, and then helped Jared finish his 40oz of beer :) Then Sunday came, I cried a little knowing Monday was so close, and then Jared & I met our photographer at Lake Calhoun for round 2 of our engagament pictures. We already took some last November, but because we recently hired this photographer he "insisted" that we take some with him so he could "get to know our style". And, he offered to shoot us for free, so we couldn't resist! We think we got some good shots - stay tuned for pics! That's all for tonight. The next time you hear from me I will be a much happier and less stressed out woman. I sure as hell can't wait for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment