Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The DINK is back...and better than ever.

Has is really been SIX MONTHS since I've posted a blog?! Holy Hannah, time flies. It just goes to show HOW MUCH has gone on in the past 180 days...

* Started a new job and and loving it!! I'm working on a brand I am very proud of, so being crazy busy and trying to keep my meetings and e-mails straight doesn't bother me.


* Um...GOT MARRIED!! :) My fellow DINK made me the happiest wifey on the planet on April 24, 2010. I'm going to go ahead and answer the two questions that everyone has been asking me, so you don't have to :):
  • Q: So Ashley, did anything go wrong? There's always one good horror story...
  • A: Honestly, NOTHING! I am almost disappointed that I don't have a juicy story to tell. The day was absolutely perfect in every way, and I have my family, friends and wedding coordinator to thank for pulling all the strings to make the day fun & relaxing for me. Stay tuned for "The Wedding, in Review", in the near future.
  • Q: That's great! So, how's married life?
  • Married life is good :) But in all honesty, it's not that different than it was before. The best part (besides wearing a bigger, more sparkly ring on my finger...:) is that now we are finally and "officially" a family. We have felt that way for years, but now we are in the eyes of God & everyone else. It feels so nice to know that my BFF is going to be next to me for laughs, support and love for the rest of my life. Halelujiah!


OK, even though you didn't ask, I will tell you the worst part about being married. Changing your name! Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be a Schneider, but not only is it hard to get used to, but the logistal details are HORRIBLE! I am still waiting for my new drivers license, and have gotten 2 credit cards back with the last name spelled wrong. And I still have my student loans & probably a few more permament records to change. Oh yeah, and did I tell you my "legal" middle name is now registered different with the U.S. vs. the State? It's a long story, but in short, I will either have to go to the state court & pay $300 to make it the middle name I want (Park) , or sit in line for 5 hours at Social Security to make it the middle name I'm just ok with (Marie). Fun, fun, fun... :)

Ahem...so, where was I? Oh yeah...

* Went on our HONEYMOON to Puerto Rico & The Virgin Islands! We had an amazing, relaxing time and it was great to finally sit back do NOTHING after a stressful few months prior to the wedding. Stay tuned for the Honeymoon, in review.


* Took a road trip to Nashville for Ryann Schneider's (Jared's wonderful cousin's) wedding! Nashville is a freeking BLAST, and the wedding was beautiful! Not to mention, we had a great time on the road. Interstate Bingo, anyone?

So, I'm sorry for the lack of updates, but the moral of the story is that the DINK is back and better than ever! Stay tuned for random stories, restaurant & movie reviews, and sporadic thoughts, comments & crap.


MISSED YOU!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome back to blogging, Mrs. S! I'm so happy for you guys! Wow, I didn't have near the hassle you're having changing my name. The hardest part for me was getting the signature down!

    ReplyDelete